The difference between A, B, C, D and E materials for tongue drum
- HLURU Class A Tongue Drums: Copper-containing Steel Material
- Copper smelting process: Copper ions are added during the smelting process to improve its corrosion resistance and antibacterial properties, enhance the strength of the steel itself, and improve its mechanical vibration performance. After aging heat treatment, it can further promote the adhesion and penetration depth of steel and copper ions, so that its tone is biased toward the reverberation of copper, and it has a sense of layering. The sound of the material will become extremely pure and stable, which is incomparable between Type B and Type C. The status of pursuing professionalism and strong maneuverability is recommended to choose Class A.
- HLURU Class B Tongue Drums: Titanium Gold Steel Material
- High-oxygen carbon reduction process: In the high-temperature and high-oxygen environment of 310 series stainless steel, oxygen reacts with excess carbon and iron (Fe), phosphorus, sulfur, silicon, etc. in the steel to continuously reduce the carbon content of the steel and further remove it. Titanium steel obtained from impurities such as iron (Fe), phosphorus, sulfur, silicon, etc., has high strength, strong corrosion resistance, and few impurities. After the metal is heat-treated, the tone is cleaner and clearer. The 13-inch drum body makes it possible to add more sequence, the range spans 2 octaves, and the playable style is very wide, which is more suitable for professional performances. Type B is relatively purer and more stable in tone than type C. For those with extremely high requirements for tone, it is recommended to choose category B.
- HLURU Class C Tongue Drums: Steel Titanium Alloy Material
- Annealing process: 300 series ordinary steel obtains high-hardness steel-titanium alloy through alloy steel gas oxidation technology. After metal heat treatment, stress is eliminated, size is stabilized, material structure and composition are uniform, the vibration stability of steel is improved, noise is eliminated and "iron knocking sound" is reduced. Type C is more affordable than Type A and Type B, and has a larger audience, which can meet the needs of most people. It is suitable for normal class use and beginners, and can also be used for professional performances.
- Huashu Class D Tongue Drums: Carbon Steel Material
- Huashu Carbon Steel: Huashu specially customized carbon steel from steel mills, which is different from fake carbon steel with more iron (Fe) impurities on the market. The carbon content of the carbon steel customized by the new Huashu series drum is based on Luruyuan’s high-end carbon steel. The carbon content of the carbon steel model is customized as a reference, the ratio is very stable, and the feature is that there is no "iron knocking" and the problem of rust and intonation is solved. After Luru’s original heat treatment process and secondary tuning, its pitch can also reach a professional-standard pitch of plus or minus 5 cents. Compared with the A, B, and C types of drums, the Huashu series drums can achieve the advantages of low price, high cost performance, and low entry level requirements for beginners.
- HLURU Class E Tongue Drum: New Type Tongue Drum - UU drums
- The UU drum is a new type of tongue drum with unique double-tone tongue design, it can resonates across octaves to make sounds with fuller tone color.
- As very newly-developed musical instruments, uu drums do not require complicated musical theory or any rudiments of music. They can be played by drumstick or by bare hands, beating, patting, or finger patting, with no fixed musical background. You can play tongue drums by much improvising, and could make different performance each time, even on the very same song.
- UU drums are made with craftsmanship of philosophy, religion, culture, art, and are special blend of contemporary science and technology, vibration theory and novelty designs. Their music is delicate, elegant, with the flavor of Chinese traditional musical instruments, such as chimes, guqin, guzheng, and modern drums with strong penetrating power.
Leave a comment